Sunday, July 17, 2011

Your New Love

I can’t decide if I like you better
in love or out
in love you smile wide
your star hair is fussed with
your eyes shine a better blue
and your eyebrows pencil heavier
you laugh more
you sing more
you talk louder

out of love your eyes are sad
you look thinner
you look estranged
you look agitated
You yell more
You throw things around
You look at me with your
grey eyes
so similar to mine

But out of love you are
mine
Out of love you are
his
in love you are
the other’s

and I still remember when
you smiled wide for him
when your hair was fussed with
for him
when your eyes shined that better blue
for him

and I still remember
when your laugh was for me
and for tickle fights
and when your songs were
for bedtime tuck-in’s
and your loud happy voice
was for us.

and now it’s for the other

and even though you look so happy
I just can’t decide

No comments:

Post a Comment