Tuesday, July 26, 2011

All Those Silly Americans

medicate me America
fill me with those drive threw hand outs
pump me full of all that naive freedom
till my veins fill up.
till I’m bleeding at the spot you stuck your needle
bleeding all that red white and blue

You make me feel like a young starlet
all swooped hair and painted eyes
and that fake beauty mark by my lip
all Xanax and Prozac in the hotel room

Take another
put it in your mouth
let it all fly

“I want you”
you tell us
but how?
how do you want us?
doped up?
a nice calm?
a nice nothing?

drive by all those quick stop stores
with their drive threw stands
I’d like a sandwich, a fry, and a handful of Oxy
I’d like a mind, a life, and
you to mind you own fucking business

14 comments:

  1. You and me are going to Canada. Pack a bag. I'll meet you there in an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! Sorry! Are you going to eat the rest of that sandwich??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thought provoking piece for such a prescient youth! I bet many people in America have these sentiments. A very profound read! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very poignant and powerful ...well done and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bitterness! I can totally relate. Well done, indeed.

    /An American Expat living in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting, and heart wrenching at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad you've never met us middle Americans. Those of us who raise the food and love the earth. We have no hand outs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Powerful writing I understand what you are talking about the Novocaine culture of numbing our hearts and minds with so-called quick fixes

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, read my They left it up to us to save the world, lol, well done, thank you, much appreciated, WS

    ReplyDelete
  10. good writeup!

    http://achu89.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. One day we may be able to order Oxy with our $1 large coke.. isn't that classy?

    well done, I enjoyed this entry, thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, very immediate, and very in-your-face. Two small things - drive-thru is the standardized spelling, and in the final stanza, you want it to read "with their" as it requires the possessive. The last line is absolutely priceless and really nails your idea to the wall, metaphorically speaking. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you all for your nice words. and thank you for the grammer advice.

    ReplyDelete