Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Being an Emo Child

I can’t do anything right. Everything I do just gets me yelled at. Everything I say just ends up shattered with the dishes, left broken on the dining room floor. Once loving words are now turned to venom. Every exchange just adds to the flames. The world turns to ashes around me. I use to remember the good days, the days of sunshine and smiles and flowers. Now I don’t believe there ever were flowers, they all wilted before I was born. Now I don’t believe there ever was sunshine, the sun burnt out ages ago. Now I don’t believe there ever were smiles, I can’t remember the last time I saw yours. You use to be everything I ever wanted to be. Now you’re everything I can’t stand. Looking at you is like staring into my future, I’ll probably end up looking just like you. I have your hair, I have your eyes, do I have your failure too?

No comments:

Post a Comment