Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Those Stupid Aunt Farms

jumble jumble all these thoughts in my head
So cool in the shade
too hot in the sun
You look so pretty
You are so ugly


stop


no more aunt farms burying around
they took too much
they lost it all in that mad desperation for
a place to call there own.


Stay still
chill out
It will all work out


easy for you to say you dont have to live in here


all you happy love songs you dont know shit
there are no happy endings
Not here
not here
Not here
Not there either


you can make your tea and sing your little songs
like "God bless American"
and that one where all those miners die
but i wont hear you anymore
the music
stops
too short


Nonsense nonsense this is all nonsense
A trick of my mind
used on myself
in a vain attempt
to loss it all
or maybe win it


Stay still
chill out
It will all work out


Its all so jumbled

6 comments:

  1. feels like free verse just flowing out. happy rally
    my post was here
    http://blackswanpoetry.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/poem-in-the-midst/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so tortured and a touch bitter, I love the conflict

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the title,
    powerful emotions.

    beautiful word flow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, emotional word flow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree in part with mindlovemisery...definitely some emotional conflict going on.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all. This is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete