Sunday, July 17, 2011

Constricted

My head blurs
till I loss my balance and tip
on the way to the bathroom
till the left one is bigger
and the right one is just a prick

and that head of mine
it dances
and it throbs
and I press at my temples
and wonder if I took
that ice cream scooper
to those spots and scoop
out my brains

if this feeling would stop
so I drink lots of water
and watch all that tv
and hope the feeling
drifts away

and I lay in my bed
and I try so hard to rest my head
and I just keep falling

and I get to that point
when I need someone to catch me
and I don’t think anyone can
and I clasp my hands tight
and I curl up inside
and pray that I’ll be ok

and then the morning light comes
and it burns all I am
and I shield my self with
those blankets
and you knock on the door
and I let you in
and I hope that you’ll
be enough

please be enough

No comments:

Post a Comment