Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mind the Gap

I have this feeling in my chest
Its what drives me
Its what freezes me
Its what will kill me
It is this pit
This absolute nothing.
Its that spot of emptiness
But if it is this empty why is it so heavy?
Why does it feel so full that it will burst?
It is that spot that hurts when I listen to something beautiful
It is that spot that burns with passion
It is that spot that makes me silent
Is this my soul?
Its my driving force, my pain, my joy, my loneliness, and my completeness
I want to rip it out
Take that big kitchen knife on the counter and dig it down my chest
Right down from that spot above my collar bone
Too the right below my ribs
Then i could dig around inside and find that spot, that pit
I could rip it out
I could burn it on the driveway like some twisted pagan ritual
Dance and dance and fall and.. and...
Be no more
Just a shell with glassy eyes looking up at the sky
or looking at the pavement
Or looking nowhere
Because I am nowhere
I am nothing
I am just that shell with a soul no more, ripped out till nothing remains...
"But you, you’ve gone too far this time" -Mumford & sons

No comments:

Post a Comment