Sunday, November 21, 2010

Dear Monster in my Head

Dear Monster,
Please leave me alone. You’ve over stayed our welcome. You’ve pounded all those holes in my head. You’ve smashed all my things on the hard wood floor. You’ve left me empty and scared.
You’re like a tornado in my mind. You never let me alone. You grab at my sanity and rip it apart. You keep me locked in this room, unable to move.
I always keep my light on so you can’t get at me. I always try so hard, but still, you find me. You drag your claws against my temples. You rip apart my chest and invite yourself in. You are my cancer, my one true problem, my one true insanity…
So please leave. Pick up your bags. Take that plant you love so much. Stay at a friends I don’t really care. I need you out. I need you gone forever. You’ve been here way to long. You inhabit my every thought, action, word. Please be gone, please don’t return, please forget you ever knew me, please let me forget I ever knew you.

Sincerely,       
Me      

No comments:

Post a Comment