Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years

For the new year i am going to post something everyday. I will try to keep to this my very best and the writing might suck anyways but the thought is what counts. So to start off a something-or-what-ever about my strange new years eve.

New year

Yesterday led into today with a drop
A new year
A new moment
A new chance
And I spent it with a stranger
We stood together having only met a few hours earlier
Him drunk
Me sober but wishing I was drunk
We are in a crowd of people all screaming
And the ball drops
I kiss him on the cheek
Just a friendly kiss
One to welcome in the next year
A little hello
With maybe a hint of hope
And we flirt slightly as we attempt to find our friends
And my hands are cold and his look comfy
But I don’t dare ask
Because too many risks have been taken already
But we hug good night and a happy new year
And he drives off
With a billboard for his theme song
So as I sink down into my bed
This stranger just keeps spinning in my head
And I hope this will be a good new year

1 comment:

  1. Honey, I can't wait to hear about your new year. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete