Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Future

do you remember that night
when we laid in your closet
and didn't say a word for so long
we just stared into each other's eyes
until you said so surprised
that you could see my eyes breath
 
you enchanted me
now every time i see you i get that feeling
the one that makes your stomach flip
 
do you know that before i met you
I had no idea what i wanted
maybe to go to college and become
nothing, just a brainless sheep
doing what i was told
 
do you remember that first time we really talked
i listened to you say imposable things
about running away and leaving the world we knew
behind
they came pouring from such an normal looking mouth
and then i realized you are insane
but I liked it
 
do you remember all that planing we did
all the discussions of what to bring
and where we would stay
and how eventually all the talk of running away
became so much more beautiful
and so much less ill conserved
and we started talking of the way it should be
and how everything needs air
even our eyes
 
so that we can see
 
now we are so close
we can nearly hear the wind singing
we can nearly feel those green fields
and you are reaching your hands out
and brushing the fields
and tasting the salt in the wind
 
but I'm so scared
and I don't know why
and I keep repeating the same thing
over and over
and i think now
you were never insane
but I might be

1 comment:

  1. no need to fear, you are dear and beautiful.

    keep writing,
    keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete